Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Old Boy's in Another Mess

I’ve lived alone for quite a while
And it’s a lonesome life
I ran an advertisement
To try to get a wife

I said that I am handsome
And very wealthy too
I thought that sure would get them
And I’d hear from quite a few

I know that was a nasty lie
And I know it is a sin
But in a week or two or three
The mail came pouring in

I got a lot of letters
Thought I was doing fine
But they all say the same, it is
I’ll gladly give you mine

One letter said “please hurry”
That he could hardly wait
He said he’d gladly ship her
And even pay the freight

Another said he’d make a deal
If I would take her now
He would deliver her, and even
Throw in a darn good cow

Then one old guy from Utah
Who said his name is Mick
Says he has got a dozen
And I can have my pick

I sure have got me in a mess
I’ve got to get out of this jam
I see I’ll be much better off
If I will stay just like I am

D.B.C.

No comments: